Ylang ylang (Cananga odorata) has a sweet, soft, flowery fragrance that has made it a romantic favorite. InIndonesia, the petals are often strewn across a marriage bed. Ylang ylang is extremely effective in calming and bringing about a sense of relaxation, and it may help with releasing feelings of anger, tension, and nervous irritability.It has a long history in skin and hair care products, particularly in Asia,where it is used to promote luxuriant hair.
Its rich, floral fragrance smells so good I want to eat it! Ylang Ylang helps control oil production and minimise breakouts, while also helping regenerate skin cells, smooth fine lines and improve skin elasticity. Excellent for every skin type.
- Scent: Sweet, Soft, Floral, Seductive, Spicy, Exotic
- Plant Part: Flowers
- Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
- Country of Origin: Asia
- Colour: Pale Yellow
- Fragrance Note: Top to Middle
- Family: Annonaceae
- Chemical Composition: Linalool, caryophyllene, germacrene D, geranyl acetate, benzyl acetate, benzyl benzoate
- Properties: Balancing for both Body and Mind, Relaxing, Sensual, Uplifting Anti Depressant, Soothing
- Blends well with: bergamot, jasmine, rose, rosewood, vetitvert