The health benefits of PalmaRosa Essential Oil can be attributed to its properties as an antiseptic, antiviral,bactericidal, cytophylactic, digestive, febrifuge and hydrating substance.
Palma Rosa is a grass whose botanical name is Cymbopogon Martini. It has two varieties, also called chemotypes, Motia & Sofia, which differ slightly in their aroma. Different producers give preference to different chemotypes depending on the demand ofthe market.
Extraction of this essential oil isdone by steam distillation of dried grass which is harvested before flowering.The chief constituents of this oil are geraniol, geranyl acetate, dipentene,linalool, limonene and myrcene. This oil smells like rose oil, which is how itgot the name Palma Rosa. This is also why it is sometimes used in place of rose oil and is often adulterated with rose oil, since it is cheaper.
- Scent: Sweet, Floral - Reminiscent of Rose and Geranium
- Plant Part: Leaf
- Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
- Country of Origin: India
- Colour: Light Yellow
- Fragrance Note: Middle
- Family: Gramineae
- Chemical Composition: Geraniol, Linalool, Geranyl Acetate
- Properties: rejuvenating, tonic, uplifting
- Blends well with: bergamot, geranium, rosemary, lime and ylang ylang