Benefits of Grapefruit Essential oil:
- Used in Weight loss programmes
- Used in skin creams
- When diffused gives a wonderful refreshing scent
Total Time: 2 minutes
Makes 30 applications
- 30 drops grapefruit essential oil
- 1 cup coconut oil
- glass jar
Mix grapefruit essential oil and coconut oil together. Store in a glass container. Rub into desired areas for 5 minutes daily.
Grapefruit oil is extracted from Citrus paradisi (also known as Citrus racemosa and C. maxima var. racemosa) from the Rutaceae family and is also known as shaddock.
This essential oil is useful for more than just fighting cellulite and boosting your lymphatic system - it positively affects your mood and revives the mind while stimulating the digestive system and clearing up congested oily skin and acne.
Grapefruit essential oil has a sharp refreshing smell and is either a pale yellow or light ruby color with a watery viscosity. Like all citrus oils, grapefruit oil should be used within six month of purchase.
Origin of grapefruit oil
Originally from Asia, it is now cultivated in the USA, Brazil and Israel. Grapefruit is picked from a glossy-leaved tree, about 10 meters (30 feet) high, with white flowers and large, pale yellow fruit.
The oil glands are imbedded deep within the peel and yield a small amount of essential oil.
- Scent: Fresh, Sweet, Sharp, Citrus
- Plant Part: Peel
- Extraction Method: Cold Pressed
- Country of Origin: Israel
- Colour: Yellow
- Fragrance Note: Top
- Family: Rutaceae
- Chemical Composition: Limonene
- Properties: Refreshing, Uplifting, Detoxifying, Anti-depressant
- Blends well with: bergamot, lavender, geranium, palmarosa and frankincense