Essential Oil Fennel Natural Aromatherapy FREE Shipping
Slightly spicy and bearing characteristic fragrance notes of earth and anise, sweet fennel oil has earned a place in the cabinets of aromatherapists for thousands of years. Widely used since antiquity as a versatile and effective aromatic herb for easing digestive and respiratory congestion and discomfort, fennel oil can likewise be used for many similar purposes.
Sweet and herbaceous, sweet fennel oil has an affinity for soothing the body as well as the mind. The essential oil may be applied topically in dilution for these same purposes, or a few drops may be added to warm bathwater. Fennel is an excellent addition to massage oils for rubbing into joints and areas that have been stress or overworked.
- Scent: Sweet, Earthy, Woody
- Plant Part: Seed
- Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
- Country of Origin: UK
- Colour: Colourless to Pale Yellow
- Fragrance Note: Top
- Family: Umbelliferae
- Chemical Composition: Trans-anethole, methyl chavicol, fenchone
- Properties: Detoxifying, Digestive, Energizing, Warming, Fluid reducing
- Blends well with: geranium, lavender, rose and sandalwood