Essential Oil Citronella Natural Aromatherapy Insect Repellent FREE Shipping
Benefits of Citronella Essential Oil:
- Bug Repellent Superstar
- Pain Management
- Appetite Control
- Lice Prevention
- Pet Care
Citronella is a grass that mainly grows in some Asian countries and some islands of the South Pacific. It has a rich,crisp lemony aroma and thus bears the name Citronella. The essential oil of citronella is extracted from two varieties of citronella. The first one is the Ceylon variety, whose scientific name is Cymbopogon Nardus and the second oneis Java variety, called Cymbopogon Winterianus in botanical terminology. In both cases, the essential oil is extracted by steam distillation of the fresh plant.
While the first variety yields an oilwhose main components are citronellol, citronellal, geraniol, limonene andmethyl isoeugenol, the oil obtained from the second variety contains citronellal, geraniol, geranyl acetate and limonene as its chief constituents,with geraniol and citronellal higher in concentrations than the former variety.Hence, the oil obtained from the Java variety is considered to be higher quality. The main producers of this essential oil are China and Indonesia. Thisoil is also produced by certain other Asian, South & Latin American andAfrican countries in smaller amounts.
- Scent: Sweet, Citrus
- Plant Part: Grass
- Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
- Country of Origin: Java
- Colour: Yellow
- Fragrance Note: Middle to Top
- Family: Poaceae
- Chemical Composition: Geraniol, Citronellol, citronellal, limonene, camphene
- Properties: Refreshing, Uplifting, Stimulating, Clearing
- Blends well with: bergamot, geranium, lemon, orange, lavender and pine
- Key Benefits & Uses:
- Limited use in aromatherapy - its main use is as a natural and pleasant smelling insect repellent.